Tips for the Preconsent Review Process
We know the process can be overwhelming the first time so we have put together some tips to help you through the process.
Completing the Online Preconsent Review Form
- To make submissions user-friendly, the online preconsent form includes multiple drop-down menus (“please select option”) for items like county or medication names.
- It also lets you click a button to calculate age and BMI after you enter birth date, height and weight, and automatically enters Judicial Circuit once you select county of residence.
- Most menu choices include an option of “other” for you – if you don’t find the needed choice, select “other” and a box will open where you type in your other information.
- The preconsent review form allows review of up to eight different medications; you will see a choice of “add another planned medication” button at the end of Section 3. If you click this button, you will be given an entry field for planned medications #2, #3 and up to #8, if needed.
- Examples of monitoring plans are provided; it is not required that you use the plans exactly as shown, however, your monitoring plans need to be consistent with good quality of care.
Submitting the online preconsent review form
- The form has specific required fields marked by a “*” that have to be completed before you can submit.
- Once you click submit you will see a print version of your submission and receive a job number confirming your submission; please print a paper or electronic version of the submission for your records.
- If you encounter any problems with your online submission, please call us at 866-453-2266.
- If you encounter a submission problem we may ask you to fax us a copy of your completed form to our fax number 352-265-8682. So please print a copy before hitting the submit button.
Receiving the completed review back
- The completed preconsent review will be emailed as PDF document to the submitter’s email in an encrypted format, to meet HIPAA/privacy requirements. The submitter will receive
- For first-time use only, you will have to create a validated, password protected account. Subsequent encrypted emails to the same email address can be opened by clicking on the link provided in the email, and entering your created password. If submitters prefer to receive faxed copies of the preconsent instead of a secure, encrypted email, please request this option during your submission.